Feb

Tool mourns loss of council member

Posted by : Staff Reports | On : February 17, 2012

By Barbara Gartman
MediaOne L.L.C.

TOOL – Tool City Councilman Dennis Jay Candage died at his home suddenly, early Tuesday.

Candage has served on the Tool City Council since May, 2010.
He and his wife, Nancy, were married Nov. 6, 2010. The couple resided in Paradise Bay.

Candage had lived in the area for 40 years, always active in the community.
“He has always worked to give back to his community as long as I have known him,” Tool fire Chief Mike Grant said.

Grant is also a city police officer and said the department received a call at about 2 a.m.

First Responders went to his home and Candage was transported to East Texas Medical Center emergency in Gun Barrel City, where he was pronounced dead at about 3:30 a.m.

“Candage was in the city offices Monday and he seemed fine,” Grant said.

Candage was a member of the Tool Volunteer Fire Department, he served on the Building and Grounds committee at Providence Baptist Church and was caretaker for the Tool Cemetery. Arrangements were not yet made by presstime Tuesday.

Comments (5)

1. Laura said on 22-04-2012

I am barndoorphotography@gmail.com or 602-920-5512. Thanks so much for responding. Laura

2. Laura Candage Porter said on 11-04-2012

Joann, I am not quite sure how to get a hold of you so I am going to give this a shot.

Cousin Dawn Crandall contacted me by email to let me know that Aunt Helen is in the hospital and she is dying. I thought you might want to know.

Also, she is planning a family reunion in August. She wanted to invite you and your family.

Do you mind sharing contact information that I can send on to her?

Thanks,

Laura Candage Porter

• JoAnn Candage/Hopkins said on 22-04-2012

Laura please give me your email address so we can exchange contact info.
      Thanks
      JoAnn

3. Laura Candage Porter said on 22-02-2012

Hi Joann, I am surprised and happy to see your comments. I would love to be in touch…. Laura

4. JoAnn Candage/Hopkins said on 22-02-2012

So sorry to here of his sudden death. JoAnn Candage/Hopkins, Highview West Virginia