It took 23 years, but a man wanted for aggravated sexual assault of a child in Henderson County was reportedly arrested in New Mexico this week.
The Carlsbad Current-Argus reported that Carson Hall, 69, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant from 173rd District Court in Athens in 1988.
The Current-Argus story says Hall was convicted of indecency with a child in Cherokee County in 1984.
Because of a scheduling change, tonight is the first big Friday night of the year for Malakoff.
The Tigers will take on Cayuga in their first scrimmage of the year starting at 7 p.m. This is Malakoff’s “detergent and soap” game, with Coach Jamie Driskell asking fans to bring either a box of detergent or a couple of bars of soap (they need detergent more). The soap is a boon for the program and helps all of athletics with the tight budget.
Over in Cross Roads, The Lady ‘Cats will play host to Oakwood with JV action starting at 4:30 p.m.
The Saturday sports schedule will be very busy:
- Malakoff Volleyball: Eustace Tournament, V, TBA
- Cross Roads Football: Hawkins Scrimmage, there, 10 a.m.
- Cross Roads Volleyball: Eustace Tournament, there, JV, TBA
- Cross Roads Volleyball: Fairfield Tournament, there, V, TBA
- Trinidad Football: Dallas Covenant Scrimmage; there, 10 a.m.